Sunday, 13 August 2017

Post Party (pudding pictures for CJ)


Everything went off fine. No emergencies beforehand; the dogs didn't roll in anything unspeakable; no one fell into a badger latrine or down a ditch; everyone got to the house safely. Even the weather played ball by being warm enough until after dusk for everyone to mooch about on the patio drinking and chatting and admiring the flowers.


The food went down a storm and there isn't too much left over. The advantage of inviting runners to your home is that they are never on a diet, are always hungry and come back for thirds. What there is leftover will do for supper tonight with the remainder going into the freezer.

We watched Mo's race :o( and then we watched Bolt's relay, which turned out to be a mixture of :o( and then :o) when I realised we'd won! M is very excited at the thought of Mo concentrating on marathons from now on (hoping to race against him at some point). I think the results showed both men were right to be retiring.



The dogs weren't impressed with all the screaming at the tele as the races drew to a close and took themselves off into the kitchen to give the excitable humans time to calm down,  before returning and taking refuge under the table. Pop was in her element all evening with lots of legs to sniff and even Ted emerged from under the table periodically to go and stare at specific people he'd been keeping an eye on, obviously having decided they were safe to approach. 

L kept his head down, foxing all attempts by Auntie Jo and Auntie Saz to find him. He's known them since he was two and they haven't seen him for a year so were keen to discover how tall he'd got. They duly set off, tottering on high heels with glasses of prosecco in hand, to dig him out of the study where he can usually reliably be found plugged into the computer, but he'd squirrelled himself away in the attic for the duration and only reappeared once most people had gone home, figuring no doubt that by then it was safe to come out to forage in the kitchen.

We were in bed by midnight, having done all the tidying and cleaning, and woke this morning feeling ready for a nice six mile run which we duly did round the lanes in the sun. I was a little low on running energy, not, I think, from the party, but because I did a fairly speedy Parkrun yesterday, back to within a minute of my PB, which I'm chasing again, I think.

Hope you're all well and have had peaceful weekends?

CT :o)


30 comments:

  1. A wonderful turnout it seems, well done. Warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing like celebrating with good friends.

      Delete
  2. You can't beat good home made party food. Glad you back to your pb on your run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree- homemade food wins hands down.

      Delete
  3. In the days before my dear farmer died we used to give quite regular parties and we always cleared up, hoovered and dusted before we went to bed. It gave us a chance to wind down and it was good to get up to nothing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at those scrummy cakes! Glad you had a good time. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, those are raspberries of perfection. And that last one, toasted flaked almonds I believe, and strawberries and cream. Happy sigh. Thank you for the pics. Glad it was a good evening. Such a shame Auntie Jo and Auntie Saz didn't find L, you will have to give them a pointer next time. He was probably secretly disappointed. I hope M had a fantastic birthday. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go wrong with flaked almonds, strawberries and cream ;o) xx

      Delete
  6. No wonder it was a great party with those wonderful deserts. Glad all went well and your dogs were well behaved. I'mfeeling slightly fragile after my Park run too, probably didn't help by having a ten mile cycle ride the same day! Easy day today. Have a good week. B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, those desserts look divine! Glad it all went well with no pre-party disasters. I'm not the most sociable creature either, so would probably have been in the attic with L! I'm very impressed that you did all the cleaning before bed too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice getting up without facing a mountain of washing up! X

      Delete
  8. Yumalicious to those puddings. I would have been in heaven. The Aunts would have found me in the study hiding under the desk scoffing dessert!!! And drinking bubbles. Happy days to you all...well done on the run... I went to a 50th Saturday night - danced until my legs fell off on one glass of red wine and water and then managed a walk and Sunday lunch at a beach cafe.
    You impress me no end with all your energy. Well done CT. Lots of love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll remember where to look at new year if we lose you at any point! Xx

      Delete
  9. Puddings look delicious - so glad it went well and you all had a wonderful time. Belated happy birthday to M :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it grand when it all goes off swimmingly? I always thanked my dishwasher in the days I used to entertain on a scale!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i had such a lovely chortle reading your last post -- you get twenty gold stars from me for a)hosting a party in the first place and b) making all of your own grub.

    rural virgins, indeed! people have finally realized they need to wear Sensible Shoes when they come here...free roaming chickens and all that.

    glad it all went over well -- that pudding looks utterly delish! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, high heels and mud/ chicken poo don't mix, do they? I'm having trouble commenting on your blog, it keeps asking me to sign in. I am reading though :o) xx

      Delete
  12. Sounds like a fab party especially with those puds! Wouldn't it be amazing to see Mo at your local race :-) That would be something special. Bet M would give him a run for his money too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you imagine?! He would definitely try :o) XX

      Delete
  13. I read your last post with my notebook to hand as we're having a party in a couple of weeks and about 70 people are coming. Trying to prepare enough food in advance and store it is a logistical problem but I'm sure we'll work it out. These puddings look divine. I'm so glad you had a great party and M celebrated his 50th in style. S x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad your party went so well, those desserts look fantastic! That was good still being able to go out for a run the following day! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply to every one. CT x