Sunday, 10 January 2016

Weekend Round Up- By Ted








Well, you'll all be relieved to know that I am Feeling Better. I still have an unsightly sore patch on my neck (right where my collar goes so going out for walks is hard at present, unless we go across the fields when I don't need it), but I am back on Rat Chasing Duties and have managed to bark at one or two pigeons too, so it isn't all bad.

Mum has changed our food so we don't have horrible dried biscuits anymore. Now we have wet food from a tin twice a day which we both absolutely love. The only bad bit about it is that it only turns up in our bowls at breakfast and dinner time. I am working on this, but so far I haven't succeeded in working out the spell that keeps the bowls magically full at all times. I knew the one for biscuits, but the one for wet food is proving difficult to crack.

Here is a picture of our new breakfast and dinner menu. Mum couldn't see why you'd want to see it. Honestly, after all the photos of people food she puts on here! Of course you want to see it, don't you? Yum! I mean, what's not to like. Right?



And here is one of us enjoying eating it. Double Yum!
 

Wet food is meant to help stop the itching. I'm not sure why Poppy gets to eat it too  because she isn't itchy At All and there is nothing wrong with her neck. The only thing she gets is her Funny Turns in the summer and spots on her tummy from nettles, but as it's winter now she isn't even getting those.

You can tell she's fine because she's torn the tail off my Christmas Tree. She hasn't found the Squeak yet though. Ha Ha! :o)

 
 
Yesterday, Mum and Dad bought a new kitchen. They got it in a big shop so Poppy and I weren't there from a man who reassured them that he wasn't a salesman, despite his badge saying "salesman". Mum said he was very nice, even though he talked a lot about going free diving stripped, which both fascinated and unnerved her. Mum is Very Excited about the new kitchen, mostly because the oven has a setting for cakes, but also because Granny says it's the first new kitchen she's had in 43 years.

Today we have been at Granny's house because it is her birthday. Mum made her a smartie cake, which they didn't even eat because Mum's niece had also made a cake and everyone ate that instead, as well as the plum pudding Mum has made, and by the time they'd eaten all of those everyone was stuffed, so the smartie cake has come home with us. Mum says this is a Good Thing because it hasn't cooked properly in the middle, which is further evidence that she needs a new kitchen. Apparently.

I have my eye on it.

Dad has had to do a Mercy Dash up to Norfolk to see a very poorly relative. He left at 6.50am. Mum lay in bed and read all your blog posts and we jumped up and down thinking breakfast had come early. Because of this, when we got back from Granny's Mum went marching off down the lane on her own carrying a big stick and wearing a pair of bright yellow rubber gloves and a determined expression. 

Poppy and I thought she looked Very Funny Indeed in her wellies and woolly hat with washing up gloves on. We gave each other the Eyebrows Raised look that we've seen L doing when he thinks Mum can't see him, and wondered what on earth she was going to do. 

When she came home an hour later she told us she'd been unblocking the drain at the bottom of the lane which has been flooded all week. This, apparently, is because she is fed up with waiting for the council to come and do it and if you want a job done, do it yourself.  

She told Pop they'd now be able to run without getting drenched feet and legs. Poppy is happy because, although she doesn't mind running through water, this bit was so deep she would either have been swimming or running underwater if she tried.

We weren't allowed to go and help because the flood was on the road and Poppy is silly with cars.

To be fair, Poppy is silly with most things (as we all know). She isn't allowed in Granny's garden unsupervised at the moment because she jumps the fence on to the road. 

Silly. 

You see? 

I have tried again and again to give her the benefit of my own wisdom, but does she listen? Nope.

Anyway, that's about it for now. I hope you are all well and enjoying Pigeon-Watcing/ Rat-Chasing/ Skunk-Avoiding activities, depending on where you live.

Best Regards,

Ted (and Poppy) :o)

35 comments:

  1. Dear Teddy, It's good to hear you are back to rat and pigeon chasing! Your Mum's chocolate cake look so good and also your wet dog food. I have wet and dry food but the wet food is much nicer and tastier. What type are you both eating? Tavi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tavi, we're having Chappie. Mum's experimenting apparently to see if it helps my neck heal up. All good so far. We are also having some chappie biscuits with it to use up the bag :o) Love Ted x

      Delete
  2. My goodness Teddy, you have been a busy doggie haven't you! So much going on. I can understand why Mum is excited about the new kitchen, we girls get excited about things like that. She will probably have to do some more shopping for accessories and other things, so don't be surprised by that will you. Just be really supportive and loving. Oh and remind Mum not to try and cooking while it is being put in, she will have to eat out lots! Hope that you keep getting better and that the new food helps. It is probably easier if Poppy has the same as then she won't get funny with you about having something that she isn't getting. Hugs from Aunty Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Aunty Amy. How are you? We both hope you are well. Yes, life is certainly busy here. The last few days I have been back to my normal self chasing Poppy and putting my paws on mum's clean jeans to say hello :o) Mum says the same as you about the new food and Pop, I suppose I don't mind really because it wouldn't be very kind to make her eat dried biscuits on her own. Love T and P xx

      Delete
  3. Ah bless you, you seem to have skin trouble like our cat did, although you probably don't like cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like cats, but perhaps not in the way you might be thinking, Simon :o)

      Delete
  4. Basil is pleased you are feeling better. He's a bit sad at the moment. De-balled on Friday and life just isn't much fun - no walks, no jumping, and seeing friends - just boring time with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh NO! Poor Basil. I remember that well :o( Still, he'll soon heal up and learn that life as a eunuch has its compensations :o) XX

      Delete
  5. Hi Ted, this is Fergus from Canada. I just want to say I would like to come live at your house. When I got a terrible skin infection, instead of giving me yummy wet food like you're getting, my person bought this vile tasting specialty kibble, made locally with just a few low allergen ingredients. Personally I think sawdust must be one of them. If I can't come live with you could you at least get your person to have a word with my person?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Fergus my friend, of course you can come and live with us. Although as England is quite a long way from Canada you might eventually start to miss your person. I suppose you could Skype her? Alternatively, Mum says she will talk to your person in a few weeks when she knows whether the wet food has worked or not. You never know, it might result in sawdust being taken off the menu :o) T x

      Delete
  6. I love how you write so eloquently Ted, you are very clever pup indeed. Well done to your Mum on her drainage activities! She deserves a medal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Rachel. That means a lot, especially coming from an educating lady such as yourself :o) It must be all the novels from the classical canon Mum read me when I was a puppy. Mum is super chuffed about the drain, especially as she did it all by herself and it took her AGES and one of the rubber gloves split and let all the flood water in. Love Ted x

      Delete
  7. Ted, glad to hear you're on the mend. That's an excellent bowl of food you have there, but you're right, you must work on the spell for getting it to appear all day. Well done mum for unblocking the drain, good job. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been trying every food spell I know, CJ, and so far nothing is working. I did try one out on Dad this morning which I think might have worked a bit- he doesn't usually make breakfast for us but after I whispered it today he did! Mum says thank you kindly for the drain praise :o) Love Ted x

      Delete
  8. Well Ted, haven't you scored big time with your wet food and still having the squeak in your Christmas tree...the important things in life for sure.
    Glad mum is getting a new kitchen...it is a very exciting prospect...and I am sure you will get to benefit from some of the cooking in the 'new' oven.
    I hope relative in Norfolk was fine.
    I am certainly looking forward to my trip to UK at end of Feb...Hampshire here I come....:-)
    Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree- I shall be very cross when Poppy removes the squeak. At the moment she's too busy eviscerating the tree itself to think about anything else :o)
      Mum says YIPEEEEE about the new kitchen. She's not letting herself think about it too much though incase she bursts with excitement. We are hoping to come with her to see you when you come to England, but we're not sure whether we'll be allowed. We are working on Mum. She says to say she has emailed you XXX

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your email....I have replied. Looking forward to it xx

      Delete
  9. Teddy I'm very glad your getting better that is wonderful news. I don't have wet food so I wonder if I pretend I'm itchy my mum will let me. I've been sniffing rats myself as they have been tunnelling under & around the bird feeder. Mum has been watching from the bedroom window to see which way they come from before she 'does something about them'My mum said that's lovely news about your mum getting a new kitchen with a swanky new oven, I know mine was very excited when she got hers even though she mutters under her breath about useless men not finishing it properly & never ever again would my dad be installing anything & she would get someone in!! Send my regards to Poppy. Rocky hound xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would pretend you were itchy, Rocky. It's bound to work. Humans are not very clever as every dog in the world knows and if you look miserable into the bargain she's bound to do something. Mum says to tell your mum she knows exactly what she means about husbands and DIY. We have a new toilet handle now that requires you to break your wrist every time you use it :o) Love from T and P xx

      Delete
  10. My Tess says don't tell her vet that you are now on wet food. She has half and half although the vet said she should have all dry (wet is bad for dog's teeth). I eventually relented to half and half because dry food is so boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cripes Weave don't tell Mum that will you?! I'm with you- dry food is DEFINITELY boring. Love Ted x

      Delete
  11. Hey Ted,
    So glad to hear that you are feeling better. Your human pet would be useful around here; my human pet I quite useless at anything blocked. Her stick pokes are almost always ineffectual. She gives good cuddles though, and every now and again I get a chicken dinner.
    Honey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good cuddles shouldn't be underestimated when choosing your human pet, should they? Successful drain unblocking comes quite low on the list. Love T and P XX

      Delete
  12. I am relieved to hear you're on the mend Ted. I would LOVE wet food but have to stick to dry with occasional human leftovers. I like these leftovers very much if they involve meat and potatoes but not so much pasta or rice. I leave that for the cats. I had an exciting walk this morning in the very windy rain. My mum said it was good I had my red coat on otherwise she might have lost me. My mum also says please tell your mum she's very impressed with the drain clearing. Never mess with a determined woman in yellow Marigolds! Woofs, Cassie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We aim for chicken leftovers Cassie, but sadly it doesn't often happen here. Well done on your windy walk. We have been stuck indoors today :o( Mum said two cars went past her when she was unblocking the drain and both the people in them laughed at her gloves :o) Teddy x

      Delete
  13. Dear Ted: I'm ever so glad your neck is feeling better and I quite understand about the itching because I get that terribly in the spring and summer. My Mum changes my food too and I like that MUCH better. She says that if she wasn't so lazy she'd make me my food herself but then again, she's got more than enough to do so I don't see that happening any time soon. My Mum also says that your Mum is a force-to-be-reckoned with because of her drain-clearing skills. She also agrees with the bit about getting a job done. She also says that Marigolds give a person super-powers of awesomeness, whatever that means. You'll be glad to know there's been no further sign of the skunk, probably because it knows a Fearsome Dog lives here. It's very cold here just now and I don't like having to go outside to the toilet. I may have made a mistake today which made my Mum glare at me and mutter rude words. Love, Emma-dog. xo

    ps. I got a new Skinny-z toy [they have no stuffing because I like to shred things with stuffing] and it's shaped like a flamingo. I think you'd like it. Although, it's pink and that might remind you of The Unsightly Bandage, so never mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Emma Dog, when I told Poppy about your mistake-due-to-rain today she rolled around on the floor clutching her sides and laughing. When she could gasp out a few words she said to tell you that you need to train your mum to go outside holding an umbrella for you. Apparently, if you hover at the door and look at your mum and wag your tail when it's raining she'll fetch an umbrella AND go outside with you. Poppy has trained our Mum just that way and she said it worked perfectly this week (Dad was appalled).
      We're both CERTAIN the skunk knows you're fierce and is staying away for that reason (did you like the skunk mention in the post? I put that in specially for you).
      And as for your flamingo, that sounds AWESOME! (that's from Poppy because as I'm sure you know I would never say AWESOME!. Splendid is what I would say).
      Lots of Love, T and P
      (PS my mum wants me to tell you to tell your mum that she really misses her posts....) :o) XX

      Delete
  14. Such a lovely jolly post to read...just what I needed to lift my spirits after work...Thanks Ted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Tanya. It's nice to know I am appreciated (especially as I've just got into trouble for acting like there was a rat in the house while everyone was watching War & Peace, when really it's outside). T x

      Delete
  15. I expect it was a rat from the Russian battlefield Ted. It fell out of the back of the TV.....

    So pleased to hear that your neck is better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Ted! We really enjoy catching up with you over there:) Glad to hear that the neck is better now, and that you have been rewarded with wet food:D Let's hope your mummy doesn't think of cleaning your teeth now that you're eating that good stuff; our mummy ALWAYS cleans our teeth - can you think of anything worse?! - and even more so if we get wet food...! Almost puts you off wet food, doesn't it..
    Lots of happy Barks from Sweden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys :o) I shall watch out for Teeth Cleaning. It sounds horrid. T x

      Delete
  17. Hi Ted, I'm sorry I'm so late to your post but as you may have heard we were rather busy and concerned with my missing pal Mario next door. He ran off during a walk and got stuck in a cave-no honestly isn't THAT a silly thing to do!
    Now he's back home and safe mummy has time for catching up, which includes vacuuming and washing which she isn't too happy about.
    I'm delighted you are back to pigeon watching duties and feeling altogether better, your food sounds yummy-maybe I should scratch my itchy ears more and mummy will get the hint! I'm changing over to a sensitive grain free food now which is delicious potato and white fish, so we'll have to see if it works for me.
    Woofs from Harry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Harry. We hadn't heard about Mario (Mum's been too busy to read much this week) but are glad he is OK. Fancy being stuck in a cave (whatever that is). Our food is fish too, only wet. It is YUMMY. Hopefully you'll like your new stuff and your ears will stop itching :o) Love Ted x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply to every one. CT x