Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Crisis At Christmas

Every Christmas since he was a tiny wee person, L and I have chosen two charities to donate to at Christmas. We do one animal one and one person one. L usually chooses the animal one and I choose the person one. For the past few years we have donated to Crisis, the homeless charity.


For £22.29 you can give a homeless person a hot meal, a warm shower, a change of clothes, access to medical help, housing and job advice this Christmas.

Home is so important. Every time I see Crisis' information I can't help but think how lucky we are to have a safe, happy home that supports us and keeps us warm and secure year round. I can't imagine what it must feel like not to have that at all. If you're wondering who to donate to this Christmas can I enter a gentle plea for Crisis?

Click HERE to go to the website and find out more, or to donate.

Hope you are all well, and if you're UK based, surviving the gusty, windy conditions we have here at present. I'm hoping it abates soon.

CT.

12 comments:

  1. St. Martin in the Fields has always been our Christmas donation of choice. It's run by a real vicar! Also, it covers a far wider area than London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do something very similar to yourselves twice a year. We are in Ireland and so get the storms a few hours before you do. It is calm tonight with a starry sky and on Friday the temp will drop down to 6deg so the winter woolies need to be aired now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good charity to support. Saturday is going to be VERY cold in the uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always buy a hay bale for my friend for Christmas ( for a horse sanctuary on her behalf of course) and donate to my town's homeless centre. It's outrageous that anyone finds themselves on the street in this day and age

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you I like to give to charity especially at Christmas and usually it is Centrepoint for helping homeless young people but sometimes I give a couple of homeless people a Crisis at Christmas day too although I do have to wonder why it is £22,29 and usually round mine up tp £25 so somebody gets an hour or so only! There are so many worthwhile charities it is sometimes hard to chose isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely idea that you both choose a charity to give to. And Crisis is indeed a very worthy cause. So many people don't have the luxury of a home, especially at the moment. A relative of mine spends the Christmas period in London helping out at a shelter, and its always so busy there. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find it so hard to choose a charity as they are all so deserving. I always support Crohns and Colitis U.K. to help fund research into this horrible disease, then alternate one other charity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we all have our own favourite charities. My monthly one is Great Ormond Street Hospital - also Unicef. At Christmas we always give to a cancer charity in memory of a dear friend who died around Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monthly to the RSPB, they don't sell your details on either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a good idea and Crisis is a great charity. We support Unicef and MSF but supporting a charity at christmas is a fine thing to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply to every one. CT x