Monday, 30 March 2015

Oh Dear Poppy.... WHAT Have You Done?!

Pop has a lot of energy.

A Lot. 

If she doesn't have a good hour's run off the lead of a morning she is liable to become disruptive, which usually takes the form of raiding upstairs or chewing the nearest shoe/ newspaper/ toy/ Teddy.

On Saturday morning she came with me first thing to check the sheep and ran up and down the Down, then in the afternoon she had another good scamper about in the forest with Ted and her four doggy cousins, while my nieces practiced Judo Moves on M which ended with him lying on his back on the wet earth.....





Sunday, M took her and Ted out for an hour across the fields, and this morning she had her hour's run through the woods and along the footpaths.

My point in recounting Poppy's Recent Exercise Regime is to demonstrate that she has not been without opportunity to run about to her heart's content during the last three days. (and while we're on that subject I would like to share with you all that I, CT, ran FIVE MILES with my husband on Saturday afternoon. Well, OK, I ran most of five miles, I did walk a little bit of it. Given that my regular runs are about two miles I felt Very Saintly Indeed afterwards, although admittedly the plus points for fat-busting were probably cancelled out by the large G&T and two packets of crisps I ate while waiting for steak, chips and chocolate to arrive).

Anyhoo, I left Pop gratifyingly sound asleep on her bed beside Teddy this morning while I went off to eat cake with my friend Mrs M. 

When I got back an hour later, however, this was the scene that met my eyes...



One chucked about and eviscerated bed.

Who on earth could have done that? I wondered.

Not me, said Teddy anxiously. 

In fact, it only needed one glance at Poppy for her to run immediately to the back door and out into the garden. An admission of guilt if ever I saw one.

It took a while to collect all the bits of stuffing, shove them back inside the bed, sweep the floor and restore the bed to its rightful corner. When I straightened up I got the distinct impression I was being watched. I turned round. Guess who I saw.....?


SITTING ON THE TABLE!!!! 

As Bold As Brass,

JRs have absolutely no sense of shame whatsoever. 

CT :o)
 

36 comments:

  1. oh dear.

    we have a rescue JR so i can certainly relate. :O they're certainly not for the faint of heart.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just brilliant-looks say everything with animals don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No sense of shame in sprockers either. Mine is nine months now and needs a good minimum of an hour walk twice a day or she is completely loopy. We have given up on any kind of toy now unless it is meant to be chewed and is digestible in some form or other. Soft toys last seconds and are useless. She try's to 'help' with everything going on and thinks the fish pond and waterfall are her private water park. You have to live these pesky dogs though...such good company and such characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here with soft toys- no chance :o) I wouldn't swap Pop for the world :o)

      Delete
  4. Oh dear. Small dogs and small boys don't ever seem to run out of energy for mischief making do they. I really need some more exercise, I think I should maybe go running a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And then they get to Teenagers and have no energy left whatsoever :o)
      I will encourage you with the running- it helps me enormously and I do feel so much better for it xx

      Delete
  5. I did laugh - she must have had the most glorious time! Clearly it was chew things required, not all the running about. Still laughing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had a ball, as Poppy always does :o)

      Delete
  6. Oh Poppy!!!! I know that you are a terrier, but didn't realise that you are a terror too!!! What must your Mum and Teddy think of you! Although I understand, sometimes you just need to have a jolly good go at something don't you - it is a girl thing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble is, she makes me giggle so much that telling her off for naughty behaviour is hard :o) xx

      Delete
  7. What a bold little doggie! Still she's so cute I'm sure all was forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly is that! Totally untroubled by being naughty :o)

      Delete
  8. Oh Poppy! Such a naughty girl! But she is the most gorgeous little dog and you just have to forgive her when you look at that face!
    I think you deserved the G and T after running 5 MILES, CT - I am hugely impressed. Love to you, Teddy and the Naughty-One - Lxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what she relies on, Lily! Nice to have you back in blogsville. Looking forward to catching up on Flossy's exploits soon xx

      Delete
  9. Sorry had to giggle especially after seeing that photo of her sitting on the table looking at you like nothing is wrong.. she is so cute too :o) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how she gets away with it Julie- such a character! I love her to bits and forgive her as soon as she's been a monkey. Hope all's well with you xx

      Delete
  10. That last photo says it all really. You've got class Poppy.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She says thank you very much- at least someone realises that :o) xx

      Delete
  11. Oh dear she has been up to mischief again! She obviously thought if she sat on the table you would forgive her! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think she's ever going to outgrow mischief, Sarah :o) xx

      Delete
  12. Are you sure this sweet looking dog sat on the table is capable of doing anything naughty !
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't think so, looking at her. But she is a total imp! x

      Delete
  13. Hee Hee shameless that wee pup is! I caught our greedy Lab climbing into the rose bush to steal the birds fatballs - just after commenting to the other half about how hungry the birds have been...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is indeed :o)

      Loving the mental image of your lab climbing up the roses! Wonder how long that's been going on? xx

      Delete
  14. Eek!! - naughty Poppy!! I had a Jack Russell as a child - very lovable and loyal but exceedingly mischievous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mischievous is definitely the word :o) She is a darling though, as you say- extremely loving and very loyal. She's on your lap and curled in a ball the second you sit down :o)

      Delete
  15. Like I've said before, good thing for them that terriers of all makes are cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like the voice of experience... :o)

      Delete
  16. ha,ha - my Jack has not done that yet; however, some toys in particular have been treated like this. I love the photo of Poppy peeking in the window......h-m-m-m-m.....is it safe to come in yet? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is Very Naughty.... Maybe don't show Jack this post, might give her ideas, eh? x

      Delete
  17. Oh dear! Just "high spirits"!
    All the best to you both :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does make us smile :o) Happy Easter :o)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply to every one. CT x