Tuesday, 9 September 2014

The New Room Is Revealed.....And Poppy Is In COMPLETE DISGRACE.

The new carpet is down.

It looks great.

Or rather it did.

For ten seconds.

Until Poppy went in to give it her own special seal of approval......





Can you believe it? Eight years of putting off a new carpet until the stains were too horrendous to bare and within ten seconds it's been weed on :-(

After drenching it with cleaner and water it turned into this....


So now there is an unsightly great blob right in the middle of the bloody thing. Not to one side (oh no, that would be too much to ask), and not under where any of the furniture goes either. No. This is Right In The Sodding Middle. 

I decided to laugh rather than cry (or choose the third option, which was to throttle Pop). I contented myself with shouting at her and shutting her outside then rang her father, who told me to tell her that he will be looking for a new dog if it happens again. She was too busy sniffing a dead rat she'd dug out from under the hedge to be overly concerned at any idle threats coming from her parents. I suggested nappies, at which point she looked briefly concerned, but the allure of the rat proved too strong to allow many other thoughts in. What a simple life it is to be a dog.

Anyway, hopefully it will dry and no-one will be any the wiser (except all of you and me). 

The whole process took about three hours and that was with them starting with an empty room. Tools were used....


 And once they were all done and I'd put things back in this is what it now looks like......




And the colour, I hear you all clamour?...... It is Peach Melba, which surprised me somewhat because I overlooked it to start with as a bit, well, boring, dull and ordinary. But I love it in this room. It has just the right tone and brings out all the warmth in the carpet.

It goes well with the pale green in the curtains and on the sofa too.....


And my owl likes it....


I was going to bring in a new law that stated only naked feet would be allowed to walk on the new carpet, but then I remembered the state of my menfolks' feet so it will probably just be my and J's naked toes gracing the carpet (remembering to avoid the place where Poppy weed).



So, it's all done and now all that remains is to have some dinner guests over to spill red wine on it.

I'll leave you with some experimental shots of the full moon I took last night. Bearing in mind this was on the ordinary setting with no tripod or alteration of shutter speeds I think they are Pretty Damn Good. What do you think?








Have a lovely evening all.

CT :-)

28 comments:

  1. The colour looks good. Isn't that just the way with things - the dog peeing on the brand new carpet. Maybe she was just so excited with the new room, she just couldn't contain herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take it as a vote of confidence from her :-) It could be worse- at least it wasn't a poo!

      Delete
  2. Not funny, but I can see it happening to us at some time. Our carpet is also cream and honestly we should know better but the man in the shop tells me that you can actually bleach this one and is it okay, shan't know until the fur ball or worse arrives.
    Went to hang a new picture today and when I took the old one off there was a mark all around it, the new picture was smaller, I tried to wash off the mark and it just got a bigger , so now it looks at though I will have to redecorate (with a new carpet) !!!!!
    I think it s called sods law. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's inevitable when you share your home with animals, isn't it? Be very interested to hear how the bleach works (but also hope you don't have cause to use it). Re the wall- sod's law indeed x

      Delete
  3. Oh my, bless you.......naughty Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Poppy likes the new carpet! I bet it was the new smell, I love the smell of new carpet and I bet the dog agrees. Your room looks lovely, the paint is beautiful with the owl.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marking her territory probably......

      I've had the windows open all afternoon but now it's night time the new carpet smell is definitely there. I should bottle some for you :-) x

      Delete
  5. Ah bless her cotton socks, she just wanted to add her seal of approval! I think the room looks absolutely bloody marvelous and is so warm and inviting....well done CT.
    The moon shots are lovely and atmospheric as well me dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pirate John. Pop has certainly left her mark on the new carpet! Glad you approve of the moon shots- I was rather pleased with them :-)

      Delete
  6. Oh dear your new room looks so lovely apart from the carpet! I remember buying a new sofa and our previous cat thought it made a very good scratching post even though she had never scratched the previous one! Your experimental pictures of the moon look beautiful. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleo did that too- we used to say she was playing scrabble on them. At least the dogs don't do that, but I did find an ancient pee stain on the corner of one of the sofa throws today which can only have come from Ted! GASP! SO naughty! xx

      Delete
  7. This is exactly what would happen at our house! It's the reason I haven't felt like replacing our downstairs couch which has been ripped to shreds by the dogs. The minute I get a new one I'm sure they'll do the same thing. There are some great products out there now for getting out pee stains and smell. If what you have done doesn't work try something else. I'm sure there's hope!

    You asked on my post about the author talk I went to what a grace note is. That's a good question! I think the way the author meant it, and the way I was using it, was meant to convey something that went right when it could have not happened at all, or turned out very badly instead. It didn't necessarily have a religious or spiritual base, but could have. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's all part of sharing your home with animals. I'd much rather have a messy house with dogs in it than a clean one without :-)

      I love the idea of the grace note, I thought it was probably something along those lines. We have a saying here which is similar: 'there, but for the grace of God.'

      Delete
  8. Oh dear, our cat runs all through the house just to vomit on our cream rug. Your moon photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'you think they've got an inbuilt sense of comic timing? Our cats used to be sick on our pillows at night, or leave us dead mice to wake up to...They also went through a phase of dropping dead mice down our wellies, knowing full well we put them on every morning before school to check the ponies :-)

      Delete
  9. It all about attention , our little man will wee if we are busy doing some thing without him...just like children , attention good or bad.
    The moon photos look stunning
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect it was territory marking- new smells and all. I really thought Ted would be the one but I guess they like to keep us on our toes! I was very pleased with the moon shots xx

      Delete
  10. oh no! The dog must have been to excited about the new carpet, hehe! Just one reason why I'd never have a dog, they're not for me!

    The colour you picked looks really nice and does go well with the existing furniture/paintings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should not have been surprised/ shocked/ appalled really I suppose, knowing what a scamp she is :-)

      Very pleased with the colour. It'll be very cosy once the fires are lit again.

      Delete
  11. Oh dear...the same thing would happen to me too, pets and carpets just don't mix. I'm so sorry your lovely carpet has been scented, however the room looks lovely. Beautiful moon images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true! Am pleased with the room- it was lovely sitting in it last night with only one stain on the carpet instead of hundreds :-)

      Delete
  12. Very well done with the pics, they look amazing.
    Jean
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear, naughty poppy! My carpet has been 'christened' so many times, the joys of having our much loved pets ;o) Love your room, looks so inviting. Wow I love all your different moon photos, they're amazing :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. I suspect it's a tale familiar to most dog and cat owners! I'm glad you liked the moon shots, I'm really impressed with the detail the camera picked up :-)

      Delete
  14. hahahahahha ooops naughty Poppy but come on, you can't expect us not to laugh! ;-) I bet she did it on purpose. The room looks lovely and so does the wall colour. And the moon shots are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she did it on purpose to. You should have seen the look on her face. Naughty, VERY naughty... :-)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply to every one. CT x