I think I've reached the limit of my ability to take any more information in. I can feel a rebellion against it growing so, rather than do boring housework, I thought I'd write a blog post instead....
I've read a few excellent blogs recently where the theme has been 10 Random Things, or 10 Facts About Me, which seems like a good place to start when I have nothing hugely important to impart today but need an excuse to Stay Away From Those Notes....
1. l love the smell of the earth after rain in summer.
2. I very nearly went out with an undertaker once, but baulked at the thought of where those hands had been....
3. My favourite drink (after water) is ice cold Champagne.
4. My Favourite sounds are bees buzzing among flowers, wind sighing through trees and long grasses, rain pattering on the windows and the song of swallows.
5. I wrote a book for L a few years ago that I am thinking of self publishing and perhaps linking to the blog this summer. It's a sort of humourous, time-travelling, historical, mythical quest.
6. I used to write poetry all the time when I was a child/ teenager and had a couple of them published.
7. My favourite film at the moment is Persuasion. I'm also a bit of a sucker for Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights....
8. If I could only have one book for the rest of my life it would either be a volume of Shelley's poems, or Love In The Time Of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
9. My favourite lunch at the moment is boursin cheese with smoked salmon, cucumber and tomato stuffed inside a bread roll washed down with chilli crisps and a mug of boiling water.
10. If you could cross Eddie Izzard with Bill Bailey you'd probably create my perfect comedian.
Well, that's taken me very nearly up to lunch time. Wonder what else I can find to do to put off revising?