Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Anything To Avoid Revising....

I think I've reached the limit of my ability to take any more information in. I can feel a rebellion against it growing so, rather than do boring housework, I thought I'd write a blog post instead....

I've read a few excellent blogs recently where the theme has been 10 Random Things, or 10 Facts About Me, which seems like a good place to start when I have nothing hugely important to impart today but need an excuse to Stay Away From Those Notes....

1.  l love the smell of the earth after rain in summer.

2. I very nearly went out with an undertaker once, but baulked at the thought of where those hands had been....

3. My favourite drink (after water) is ice cold Champagne.

4. My Favourite sounds are bees buzzing among flowers, wind sighing through trees and long grasses, rain pattering on the windows and the song of swallows.

5. I wrote a book for L a few years ago that I am thinking of self publishing and perhaps linking to the blog this summer. It's a sort of humourous, time-travelling, historical, mythical quest.

6. I used to write poetry all the time when I was a child/ teenager and had a couple of them published.

7. My favourite film at the moment is Persuasion. I'm also a bit of a sucker for Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights....

8. If I could only have one book for the rest of my life it would either be a volume of Shelley's poems, or Love In The Time Of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

9. My favourite lunch at the moment is boursin cheese with smoked salmon, cucumber and tomato stuffed inside a bread roll washed down with chilli crisps and a mug of boiling water.

10. If you could cross Eddie Izzard with Bill Bailey you'd probably create my perfect comedian.

Well, that's taken me very nearly up to lunch time. Wonder what else I can find to do to put off revising?

CT :-)

18 comments:

  1. Lovely to read your randoms, I really like the sound of your favourite lunch! Hope that you find things to occupy you instead of the revising! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I have managed: a trip to waitrose, a hoover of the house (which was disgusting and hadn't been done in ages) and a write-up (alphabetically and by month) of all the New Moth Species I've seen so far this year. Can you tell I'm desperate?! x

      Delete
  2. Anything to ignore revising! Love to read the random posts, I like the smell of the earth after the rain too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so fed up with the revision. I've just had an email from my friend Harvey who is giving up on it too and going to the pub. What an excellent idea! :-)

      Delete
  3. Great list! Number 2 made me laugh out loud! You have made me curious about the book Love in a Time of Cholera. I'm headed over to Amazon to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Love in a time of Cholera' is a fantastic tale, well worth a read. Glad you enjoyed the post- I've just had a read of your randoms- particularly interested in your OH being an expert on wildflowers as that's something I'm very interested in too :-)

      Delete
  4. You sound like a Pisces, I wonder if I'm right.

    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did laugh at the undertakers hands! I adored Love In The Time Of Cholera. I like the Keira P&P very much. Her face when she sees Mr Darcey's estate is priceless!
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't see past the hands....

      P&P is another fave....I'm a regency babe at heart really :-) x

      Delete
  6. I so enjoyed reading this post! Numbers 1 and 4 - I love these things, too!
    The story of your undertaker friend did make me laugh ;)
    Marielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be a very shallow person because the girl who tried to set us up couldn't understand it, but then she is married to an undertaker... :-)

      Delete
  7. Lovely post CT :) Your thoughts on the undertaker friend did make me smile - would have felt the same! Very much a fan of Jane Austen too:) Hope exam goes/went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I told ma there was an opportunity to go on a date with an undertaker, the first thing she said was 'but just think where those hands have been!' Like mother, like daughter :-)

      Exam done and dusted phew! Now I can relax and enjoy the summer :-)

      Delete
  8. I would look most forward to reading a humorous, time-travelling, historical, mythical quest self pub. Keep us informed, eh :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your list with you on number 7 just love Wuthering Heights.
    The best thing to do in summer is lay in the middle of a field with long grass and watch the clouds go by...
    Now get on with your revising.....
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sucker for Kate Bush's version too and have it on my Ipod...

      Love lying in a field cloud-watching. L and I used to do that all the time when he was little :-)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply to every one. CT x