The Old Man's out tonight on a copywriter's course (yawn) and I've had a Trying Sort Of A Day, so I'm sitting here drinking the BIGGEST glass of chilled chardonnay you've ever seen and eating my way through a packet of chocolate eclairs. I think I may possibly have eaten too many because now I feel slightly sick :-(
We have exams looming and I am beginning my revision. Its actually only one exam, but we all agree its going to be a bas****d, due to the sheer quantity and depth of the information we're supposed to learn. I don't mind revision IF there is a chance I will remember it, but sadly I have Fading Brain Cells, being a mother in her forties who juggles three children, two dogs, a cat, a husband, a job and a degree, and also thanks to the Brain Lesions I'm fairly sure I've picked up from one too many paralytic migraines. All that Takes Its Toll on a girl and so to work round it I am having to make sure I get the revision in early.
As a result of this I have been called 'stressed' by the same person twice in twenty-four hours, and frankly that has got on my nerves. I am not a stressy sort of person: I have my life well in balance thank you. I know where peace is to be found, and conversely agitation, and so I avoid agitation and go for peace. I couldn't do my job (healing) if I was someone who suffered from stress because Quite Frankly the absolute last thing a healer should ever do is pass on to her patient Bad Energy. If you are trying to help others feel better, you really do need to do it from a starting point of wellness yourself. I have tried doing healing when unwell before and it simply doesn't work. So: I am essentially a happy bee who sees the positive in most things, and to be labelled so casually as 'stressed' by someone who barely knows me really pissed me off, to the point I could feel myself becoming annoyed :-(
I dispelled the irritation by taking the dogs (who have been cooped up today) out for a walk. I left the camera at home and Very Quickly regretted it. Linnets, a Black Cap, loads of Carder Bees, a Rabbit, a Ruby Tiger Moth in Broad Daylight flashing his red knickers at me AND some Interesting Wild Flowers and I only had the iphone which is OK but nowhere near as good as my lumix...
|Who lives in a hole like this...? Mouse? Bee? Vole?|
|The Best I Could Do- Ruby Tiger with bright red pants (hidden). He was Quite Grumpy, definitely DID NOT want to be picked up, and flew off in a huff. Bit Early for round here.|
|Thrush's snail-bashing stone|
I came home and heard a Chiffchaff chiff-chiff-chaffing in a tree by the lake, so I grabbed the proper camera and got this...What d'you think? Not bad?
I left them outside so she could dry off without shaking all over the walls and carpets. In hindsight this was Very Unfair On Teddy, who really should have been indoors with me as he'd done nothing wrong. When I looked for them out the kitchen window half an hour later this is what I saw....
That's one unhappy westie. You can tell from the expression, as well as from the In-The-Greenhouse position. The down-turned mouth is also a bit of a give away.
Ted only ever takes refuge in the greenhouse when Things Are Really Bad. They have definitely been bad this week. So far, Miss Pops has:
1) Learnt how to jump on the kitchen table when no-one is looking and remain there Quite Happily and Cheerfully, as long as you're on the other side of the window waving your fist at her furiously
2) Stolen Jemima Puddleduck from one of the beds upstairs and left her chewed and soggy in the sitting room
3) Dug out my tissue from under the cushion on the sofa and shredded it
4) Done a poo on the hall floor
5) Jumped on the sofa
6) Scattered my revision notes on the floor THREE TIMES
7) Undone and mixed up all the laces on M's running shoes
8) Left a wet sports sock wedged inside my running shoes
9) Raided upstairs and stolen an easter egg
10) Eaten a cleo poo and then licked M's face
11) Jumped on the coffee table, stolen one of L's biscuits and rushed off into the garden with it and eaten it before anyone could work out what she'd got in her mouth
12) Run off with a chocolate bar still in its wrapper
13) Chased a Bee round the garden
14) Growled and barked at Cleo, who was then too frightened to go outside to the loo and so did a wee by the washing machine, which M thought was water and spread all over the floor so it stank to high heaven the next day which necessitated the entire floor being washed
15) Barked again at Cleo who then did a poo in my washing basket
16) Woken me up EVERY NIGHT this week at 3am barking furiously at invisible rabbits
17) Cleaned Ted's teeth for him with her tongue Very Thoroughly several times a day regardless of whether he actually wanted his teeth cleaned or not
18) Totally ignored Ted's furious and increasingly despairing growls that he didn't actually want a Jack-Russell type tooth-brush
19) Licked M's legs when he came back from running and was all sweaty (yuk) despite being asked not to
and finally, 20) rolled in hideous wet fox poo with all that that entails
I am in despair.
I think this may be revenge for the fact that L tied a bell to her collar that was on his Lindt Easter Bunny and now she tinkles wherever she goes :-)
To help me get over this I decided I needed some Healthy Escapism and so I have found myself a New TV Boyfriend (both Cillian Murphy and Damien Lewis having buggered off elsewhere for the time being). His name is Richard Rankin and he is currently to be seen on the Beeb's excellent WWI Sunday Night Drama Crimson Fields, where he plays an incredibly grumpy but all-things-considered-undeniably-sexy doctor. I am a bit In Love (despite the fact that he is a whole TEN YEARS younger than me. When did that happen? It wasn't all that long ago that people who were ten years younger than me were still in primary school. It shouldn't be allowed: it's just rude).
Anyway, seen as we have such a Good Tradition on this blog of you all assessing my candidates for TVBF, here is a pic for you to decide whether or not he is worthy of the title. Please bear in mind that as soon as Peaky Blinder's is back on he will have stiff competition from a certain Mr Murphy. I figure it's only fair to give him his share of the limelight now. Please also bear in mind that M's blasted weather girl (still dressed like she's off for carefree cocktails as soon as she's delivered the weather report) has been on every bloomin night this week and that clearly Isn't Fair At All. Mr Rankin would give me some ammunition of my own to fire back with....(actually, that was Rather Good, seeing as he's in a War Drama....).
Wishing you all a peaceful (stress-free) evening,