Sunday, 11 August 2013

Ted's New Hair Do and Walking Through Sunlit Woods

As requested, here is the boy looking all white and shiny after his bath and trim....



We took the lads out for a stroll through the woods yesterday afternoon. It started out a tad gloomy but the sun soon came out and blessed us for the remainder of the walk.




Two Peacocks and my first Skipper butterfly, a Large
 

I think this beautiful shiny green beetle may be Chrysolina Menthastri

Fungi is starting to grow

A poor dead shiny blue beetle

A Brimstone

"I refuse to walk any further."

Large Skipper Butterfly



A Ringlet

Ted made friends with his Opposite Number

And Look At This! I hope you are all suitably impressed that I overcame my Spider Nerves to take a picture of this White Spider, who I think is Misumena vatia, a type of Crab Spider who changes colour to blend with the flower background. Even I, who am not a Fan Of Spiders, am prepared to concede that this is a Pretty Clever Trick. I do believe there is a hint of purple on the sides of that Big Round Body (although their colour change range is supposed to be between white, yellow and green).

Lord knows what is going on here....



I've got some Interesting Things to show you on the next post....

Have a good evening all,

CT :-)

16 comments:

  1. HI CT Ted looks lovely now. that was a lovely walk through the woods and you got some great shots of butterflies ad bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ted looks so smart! The walk through the woods looks so lovely and you found so much wildlife. The spider does look purple around the edges!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful spot and there are always interesting things to see in plant and insect terms. Ted has given up complaining about baths and hair cuts!

      Delete
  3. Ted looks gorgeous; I will have to show Harry! The spider is fascinating, what a clever creature. I love all the butterflies. And I had to laugh at your lifeguard story - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has Harry had his bath yet and how many treats did you get through if so?!

      Delete
    2. Harry has had a reprieve as I've become involved in extracting honey at the moment - but this is only until the end of the week!

      Delete
  4. Definitely mauve round the edges; how amazing! Ted's ears made me laugh a lot. Love the beetle pics and I have no idea what they're up to either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think re the beetles it's probably best not to inquire.....

      His tail is long and fluffly at the top too because I forgot to trim that bit, so he looks a bit like a Christmas tree decoration. Oops!

      Delete
  5. Ted does look exceedingly cute :) Looks a beautiful walk through the woods and I love the iridescent green beetles :) They look tiny jewels. I found some of those last year at Calke Abbey but can't remember the name now yet another CRAFT moment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love CRAFT!! Hadn't heard that before but shall be using it all the time now :-)

      Delete
  6. Great bugs and butterflies CT. The spider does look purple around its sides, and the Brimstone is beautiful-I've never seen one. Teddy does not seem impressed with his whiteness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, he'll be rolling in poo at the first opportunity :-)

      Delete
  7. I shall say what I always say to chaps who've had a hairdo - 'Teddy, you look ten years younger!'

    Now, this might be both impossible and impractical, as I know not the age of Ted, so please adjust the years off age according to an appropriate percentage.

    Love the photos of the sunlight through the trees. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's 4, so praps it would be sufficient to knock off a couple of years? :-)

      Delete
  8. Ahh a fab walk! Gorgeous shiny iridescent beetles! I love that spider! So clever! There is a really exciting spider on my most recent post...

    Sorry I have been so rubbish at keeping up with reading and commenting on your blog, your last post about the swimming pool antics made me chuckle too!

    Bracken asked me to tell Ted that he thinks his new hair cut and cleanliness looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply to every one. CT x