Friday, 26 April 2013

Presenting Mr and Mrs Blackcap...

At last! Photographic evidence....


 
If you look closely at the top left quarter of this photo you will see her mate.  Mr and Mrs BC feeding together must surely be proof that we have a breeding pair.Yippee!

She then decided to move into the back garden where she spent ages on the fat balls and I got some better pictures, largely because those feeders are faced by the kitchen and I've cleaned the windows so you can actually see out of them. The rest, which don't offer the same level of interesting views of birds, are pretty much foul pits of doom, but I've been caught out now so will have to clean those too :-(
Mrs BC is very beautiful and brand new to the garden this year (well, actually brand new this week). I'm thrilled she's here and that they are obviously in lurve with each other so roll on baby Blackcaps! (Blackcaplets?)




Reluctantly sharing with a Blue Tit

Mrs Blackbird apparently shocked by the appearance of Mrs BC in her garden....



Couldn't leave her boyfriend out...



And finally, here is what you get when you mix Ted with mud....


Yes.

The less said about that the better!

Have a good weekend all.

CT x

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful blackcaps, great shots!
    Oh dear Ted... time for another bath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was extremely lazy and left the mud to dry and then crumble off quietly around the house- this plan backfired when I remembered we have 12 dinner guests coming for supper tonight so now I will have to sweep/ hoover/ wash it all up anyway...Should've just put him under the hose in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photographs and wonderful to see the female Blackcap. Poor Ted; he looks both guilty and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so thrilled she's here Wendy. They've been in the garden together all day today so I've been able to take plenty of pictures.
      Re Teddy: looking guilty and sweet is how he manages to get away with things- I fall for it every time!

      Delete
  4. Great captures CT! It would be wonderful if you eventually see some little ones :-)

    Oooh er!...Teddy looks so innocent ;-) 12 dinner guests, oh my, that sounds like an awful lot of work, I have enough trouble when there are only two! I hope it goes well and that you all enjoy it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been cooking all day SB...it's a fancy dress supper party to celebrate my 40th. There will be photographs so I may post them tomorrow (depending on the viciousness of the hangover!)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful pictures. I love that female's rusty cap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em. She's lovely isn't she? If they do produce babies I'll suggest some of them move to Dartmoor.

      Delete
  6. These are birds we don't have in Nova Scotia! I would love to meet them. Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah ha! Finally something you haven't got a photo of Mark! I managed to shoot some video of them this morning which I'll upload later then you can see them in person, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pictures of the birds, I find it difficult to capture pictures of birds feeding they always seem to fly away.
    Oh dear, Ted looks as if he has had some fun!If you are a Westie and find a nice smell you just have to roll in it!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only get close because the feeders are strategically placed directly outside the kitchen window and I invested in a zoom lens last year (hopeless otherwise). Yup, Ted is definitely one for rolling in smells, usually the more unspeakable the better! Hope Daisy is well and smell-free? CT x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply to every one. CT x